Saturday, March 24, 2012

Signs of Spring

by Katie

Spring is a paradoxical time for me. It is both bloated with nostalgia and chirping sweetly to the future. It makes me think of springs gone by while reminding me that all things begin anew, and that winter is over.

Here's a beautiful springtime song--one of my favorites. There is no truly representative video for it on youtube; this is the best I could find. Check out Po' Girl and JT and the Clouds if you like.



Spring is a time for starting new things and for watching old things become new again. I am a new homeowner, and I also come from a long line of gardeners. And so (appropriately for the storyline of my life and for the season) I have been bitten with the gardening bug. I am trying something new that I've been around all my life, and I'm seeing it change before my eyes.

I've got seedlings going, I've made garden beds, I've weeded, raked, pruned, and transplanted. I've ruined a pair of shoes, gotten very muddy, and bought all kinds of used (read: cheap) garden supplies via Craigslist. I have also purchased an obscene amount of seed packets. I will certainly be posting my yard's progress on our little blog, but for now I thought I'd share a few of the (early!) springtime photos I've taken over the past two weeks. Enjoy!








Memphis sat outside with me while I drank white wine and read garden books.

The remnants of an existing bed and the beginnings of my little herb and flower garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment