Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hey Ma - look what I made!

by Crystal

Does anyone else take advantage of Groupon as much as I do? The emails I get every day give me great ideas for date nights and fun activities on the cheap(er than they would usually be). Last night, E and I had a little date night to break up the week with a BYOW (bring your own wine) painting class. Nothing like getting my left-brained engineer husband a little exercise for his right brain!

I completely recommend this kind of date. Our instructor provided us a bit of structure, so we weren't completely starting with a blank canvas, but we were encouraged to still make the painting our own - which still allowed us to embrace our creativity!

At the beginning:

At the end!

And is it wrong to think about what I should wear to something like this? I'm going to go ahead and say no, it's not. I wanted to be comfortable, and not wear anything too fancy, in case any paint found its way onto my clothing. Luckily, it did not.

I shared with my friend Jenni that was feeling pretty uninspired by my closet lately (it seems like that happens to me with the changing of the seasons...). She picked out this outfit from across the country - literally remembering each article of clothing I had. She's impressive, that one.



Outfit details:
Cardigan: Forever 21
Shirt: Target
Necklace: Local vendor (handmade!)
Jeans: Gap (Sexy Boyfriend Jeans)
Flats: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment