Saturday, April 7, 2012

Weekend in food (and then some).

by Crystal

Hey everyone. How was your (last) weekend? Do you even remember it? I know, I know. It's a new weekend. That whole, "out with old, in with the new," thing. But I absolutely must share with you what happened to me last weekend.

Mine was phenomenal. And I don't use that word very often - phenomenal. I also don't italicize words very much, so please notice the emphasis. For my Birthday a few weeks ago, my wonderful fiance told me I'd be flying to go visit the one and only Katie (the "cheese" of the bunch, since she's in WI), and her gf Katie. That in itself was enough to make me cry with excitement!

I had a lovely time experiencing a day in the life of a dog walker; we walked probably over 7 miles, only to find out that was a slow day! Crazy. And tiring. About an hour after I had fallen asleep, I get a knock on my bedroom door to find Anita and two of our very good friends who drove up from Columbus, OH! That's not a short drive, my friends.

The next morning, while our lovely friend Angela was cutting my hair (huge advantage to having a friend studying at Aveda), in walks my mom. MY MOM. She drove up from IL to spend the morning/afternoon with us. Seriously? I found out E had been planning it for a few months. Needless to say, I was on Cloud Nine. And crying. I cry on either end of the emotional scale. That's just me, folks.

Since our weekend involved a lot of great food (and drink), I thought I'd share with you some photos we snapped of the deliciousness.











And now for the "and then some..."
















It wouldn't be an occasion without jumping pictures, y'all. Has anyone else played Farkle or The Game of Things? A lot of fun (especially with a splash of wine).

No comments:

Post a Comment