Thursday, August 9, 2012

wedding attire.


by Crystal

A few weeks ago, E and I had the pleasure of heading back to LA to attend the wedding of one of our great friends. He met an awesome girl who we are happy to welcome into our family of friends.

I love dressing for weddings. Scratch that. I love any reason to get dressed up. But this year, I couldn't wear just any dress, no no no. I had to put some thought into it. This was my first brunch wedding - I wasn't sure if an earlier wedding was more casual than an evening wedding? We were going to be outside all day - I needed to think cool (literally and figuratively). And most importantly, my very own wedding dress is strapless - I needed a dress that wouldn't give me tan lines.

I took to the internet. Actual shopping is a little harder to do when you live in a town where most people get their clothes at the Super Wal-Mart. I found myself on the Forever 21 website.  Ok, I know I'm not a 15 year old girl anymore, but seriously my friends, sometimes I just can't resist a $10 dress.

So that's what I got. Actually, I think it may have been $20 or so. Paired it with these wedges (that I'm obsessed with), and an "E" necklace, and I was set!

Some of what I wore, and what others wore (as capture through photos of drinks and dance).


She's wearing: Cynthia Rowley from TJ Maxx. Another cute, inexpensive purchase you can't pass up!



























They win the award for best coordinated couple.

























group shot!


And the beautiful couple (stolen from their photographer's Facebook page!)



No comments:

Post a Comment